1. Steak may be cooked on any fire or heat source.
2. Head cooks may enter only one entry into the steak category.
3. No other rib-eye steaks are to be present at cook sites other than the ones provided to the teams by promoters.
4. Steaks should be cooked Medium (warm pink center).
5. Steaks may be lightly trimmed before, but not after cooking.
6. Steaks may not be marked or branded in any way. (Grill marks are not considered marking).
7. Turn in one steak whole and uncut on top of the provided foil disk.
8. The provided foil disks must be placed in the box, silver side up and not folded in any way.
9. No sauces or garnish are allowed in the steak turn in box.
10. A compound butter is allowed as long as it is melted on the steak.
11. There are no size standard for the seasonings on the steak.
12. Pooling of natural juices in the box is acceptable.
SCA Steak Rules & Regulations
Reasons for Steak Disqualification
• Rib-eye steaks other than the ones provided for the event found in team area.
• A marked steak.
• Steak turned in after the turn-in window has expired.
• Folded foil disk in the box.
• Any foreign object found in the turn in box. (String, Toothpick, Skewer, etc.)